A busking councillor played his guitar to entertain shoppers in aid of charity in Epsom on Saturday.
Epsom Councillor George Crawford, 71, performed at the Ashley Centre to raise money for the Butterfly Appeal, which supports an Epsom Hospital cancer care centre.
Coun Crawford had already busked with his ukulele at the same shopping mall on the previous Saturday, October 20. He said that over the two weekends they managed to raise more than £1,000.
He said: "I'm very grateful to the people of Epsom for being so generous. I think the guitar goes down better but the ukulele is good for a laugh."
- School archivist to talk about Great War and college
- Rail engineering works set to affect London marathon runners and spectators tomorrow
- Police appeal launched after spate of fires ravage Surrey woodlands
- Banstead Arts Festival returns with musical showcases, talks and exhibitions
- "You always have to go on": Tenacious 100-year-old celebrates milestone