VIDEO: Busking councillor George Crawford entertains shoppers for second time in Epsom
A busking councillor played his guitar to entertain shoppers in aid of charity in Epsom on Saturday.
Epsom Councillor George Crawford, 71, performed at the Ashley Centre to raise money for the Butterfly Appeal, which supports an Epsom Hospital cancer care centre.
Coun Crawford had already busked with his ukulele at the same shopping mall on the previous Saturday, October 20. He said that over the two weekends they managed to raise more than £1,000.
He said: "I'm very grateful to the people of Epsom for being so generous. I think the guitar goes down better but the ukulele is good for a laugh."
- Film crew visits Stoneleigh for BBC Three comedy Some Girls
- Shocked community unites to pay respects to mother and son killed in car crash
- Preferred buyer selected for sale of historic horse-training yard
- Wellbeing Centre for vulnerable adults seen as "lifeline" one year after launching
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals referred to Health Secretary over financial concerns
Comments are closed on this article.